Researchers and other interested people are invited to the 3rd International Meeting on Internet & Audiology, which will be held in Louisville, Ky, on July 27-28, 2017. The purpose of the conference is to present innovative research and have opportunities to discuss this emerging field. The conference will focus on four general topics:
- Barriers and facilitators to the implementation of telepractice;
- Methodology of implementation of internet-based research and service delivery;
- Big data, and
- Ethical issues related to internet-based research and service delivery
The preliminary agenda has been made available online. Audiologists and researchers Jill Preminger and Ariane Laplante-Lévesque are serving as co-chairs and members of the Scientific Committee, and Michelle Hughes and Gabrielle Saunders are serving as members of the Scientific Committee. The conference organizers include the University of Louisville School of Medicine, Eriksholm Research Center (a part of Oticon), Linköpiong University, with supp0rt from the Oticon Foundation.
The conference will be held at Clinical Translational Research (CTR) Building at 505 South Hancock Street in Louisville, and the number of participants is limited to 100. There also will be opportunities to participate in portions of the conference remotely via live internet streaming.
There is no fee for attending this conference, but you must register. Visit the Registration and Submission page for more information and to register for this exciting conference. Abstracts for short presentations (15-20 minutes) and posters are also being accepted on this page. The deadline for submissions is March 31, 2017. A limited number of travel awards are being offered to new investigators and students that may be applied toward transportation to/from the conference, lodging, and meals. The deadline to submit a travel award application is March 31, 2017. See the Travel Awards page for more information.
- January 20, 2017: Meeting registration opens
- March 31, 2017: Deadline for abstract submissions and travel award applications
- April 14, 2017: Registration opens for remote participation
- May 1, 2017: Presenters and travel award recipients will be notified
- June 30, 2017: Deadline for reserving a hotel room within the conference block at the Hampton Inn Downtown.
- July 27-28, 2017: The Third International Meeting on Internet & Audiology will be held