During public events, people with hearing loss are particularly disadvantaged. Today, thanks to modern technology, their listening experience can be significantly improved.
Under the motto “Future Loops,” an international congress to be held October 6 to 8, 2017, in Berlin, information will be offered to developers, planners, and suppliers all over the world, providing them with the opportunity to get information and exchange solutions about the latest technologies and future ideas, the non-profit association Deutscher Schwerhörigenbund eV (DSB) announced. For people with disabilities, the Congress offers the opportunity to get to know the advantages of hearing loops and related technologies.
The participants will be provided with technical and practical information to improve hearing accessibility in their day-to-day environment. The main aim of the congress, organized by DSB, is an exchange of experience on the latest hearing system technology and an open discussion on possible alternatives.
The conference is designed for anyone interested in accessible technology for people with hearing loss and sound systems. We are focusing on: Consumers, audiologists, hearing aid and cochlear implant industry providers, sound engineers, architects, audio/visual designers and installers, facilities covered by disability laws, accessibility committees, manufacturers of assistive listening devices, advocates, and others interested in this technology.
- Inductive Loop Systems: Technology and planning, microphone setup, care and support, future visions, database
- Newest Technology: iPhone-couplings, Wifi, Bluetooth, Greta & Starks, Infrared, 2.4-GHz-standards
Conference Sessions Include:
- Internationally recognized speakers
- Experiences from all around the world
- State-of-the-art Hearing Loop technology
- Stakeholder perspectives (user, audiologist, service provider, hearing aid manufacturer, loop manufacturer, architect, installers and maintainers, advocates)
- Lectures and discussions
- The impact of legislation
- Installations and understanding complex Hearing Loop Systems and related technologies
- Demonstration area
Future Loops will offer an exciting and varied program that will provide knowledge of technology, exchange of experience, and social motivation.
Thursday, October 5, 2017 – Evening welcome for international guests
Friday, October 6 and Saturday October 7 – Main conference
- Friday evening – Berlin Highlights tour with dinner
- Saturday evening – Entertainment in a restaurant nearby
Sunday, October 8 – Cultural program or independent discovery of Berlin; DSB members : Annual General Meeting
When: October 6 to 8, 2017
Where: Conference Center, Steglitz International, Schloßstraße/Albrechtstraße 2, 12165 Berlin
Conference Languages: English and German (simultaneous interpretations)
Communication Supports: Speech to Text Interpreters, Inductive Hearing technologies
For more information and to register for the conference, please visit the DSB website here.