Built on Nuheara’s smart-hearing platform, the IQbuds2 MAX are said to feature hybrid Active Noise Cancellation and other features meant to help “personalize and enhance the wearer’s soundscape.” The IQbuds2 MAX hearing buds are available for pre-order at nuheara.com/iqbuds-max and will commence shipping in March for USD $399.
“There are hundreds of wireless earbuds on the market, but none like the IQbuds2 MAX,” said Nuheara co-founder David Cannington. “Not even the big players offer technology so far ahead of the curve. The IQbuds2 MAX go beyond hybrid Active Noise Cancellation with unparalleled noise controls and Nuheara’s unique features for personalization.”
According to Nuheara’s press release, the company redesigned the IQbuds2 MAX from the ground up with its latest acoustic technology, which reportedly “enhances normal hearing and allows users to fine-tune their sound environment.” Nuheara’s EarID™ technology and Speech in Noise Control (SINC) help provide wearers with “customization and control over their personal hearing experience, so they can enjoy music, conversations, or silence wherever they go.”
“We made several hardware and software breakthroughs this year that enabled us to bring IQbuds² MAX out sooner than expected,” said Justin Miller, CEO of Nuheara. “We’ve incorporated major engineering enhancements, such as better drivers for improved sonic accuracy and design features that fit more processing power into a comfortable earbud. These are the best smart-hearing earbuds available today.”
IQbuds2 MAX features include:
- True Personalization — Nuheara’s EarID™ technology uses a mobile app to “assess a wearer’s hearing and automatically calibrate the buds to their personal hearing profile.” According to the company, EarID uses the clinically-validated NAL-NL2 hearing test—a neural network-driven system that optimizes the hearing augmentation engine to the user’s personal preferences.
- Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation — IQbuds2 MAX uses three microphones to analyze and process sounds both inside and outside the ear. Filtering circuitry helps create cancellation waves in the ear to reduce distracting sounds and in-ear occlusion. With the tap of a finger, users can block external noises. Working in combination with SINC, this feature helps deliver what the company calls “a premium dual noise-isolation experience for unparalleled noise mitigation and control.”
- Situational Sound — Nuheara’s proprietary Speech in Noise Control (SINC) adds unique sound controls for each situation. With SINC, wearers can toggle their earbuds to the most comfortable noise settings for their location—muting background noise and enhancing focus on their direct conversations in a noisy environment.
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing — IQbuds2 MAX triple-core DSP system helps deliver “optimal hearing fidelity and reduces occlusion to deliver the most natural enhanced sound ever in a hearing bud.” IQbuds2 MAX have a 450MIPS signal processing engine in each earbud, offering an “optimal natural sound experience.”
- Sonic Accuracy — A large 9.2mm dynamic driver with vented acoustical design helps provides “pitch-perfect sound fidelity,” Nuheara says.
- App Syncing with iPhone and Android — Nuheara’s apps help allow control of the listening environment, including noise reduction and hearing processing. Users can adjust hearing preferences from the app and receive future developments and upgrades for the IQbuds2
- Intelligent controls — Nuheara’s smart sensors help provide intuitive tap-touch and gesture control.
- Water and sweat resistant — All of Nuheara’s products are designed to maximize compatibility for an active lifestyle.
The IQbuds2 MAX also include a magnetic charging case that delivers up to 32 hours of on-the-go hearing enhancement and 20 hours of Bluetooth streaming, according to the company. Compatibility with Bluetooth 5 offers faster transfer over a longer range.
IQbuds² MAX replace the previously announced IQbuds MAX.
Nuheara will demonstrate the IQbuds2 MAX for the first time at CES Unveiled, January 5, 2019, and both products at CES 2020, in the Sands Expo Booth #44743.