EnvisionTEC, Dearborn, Mich, a global provider of 3D printing solutions, and 3Shape, a Copenhagen-based company that creates 3D scanning and CAD/CAM software solutions, announced the launch of a new turnkey system for scanning, modeling, and printing in-ear devices.
At AudiologyNOW! 2017, the two companies will jointly demonstrate how scanning, software, and 3D printers work together to deliver an elegant, quick, cost-effective custom solution for hearing care professionals and their patients. AudiologyNOW! 2017 will be held from April 5-8 in the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium.
“EnvisionTEC is proud to continue partnering with 3Shape to deliver an integrated solution to the in-ear device market,” said the company’s CEO Al Siblani. “Together, our 3D technologies delivers fast, reliable, custom solutions to hearing care professionals and their patients every day.
“Our partnership with EnvisionTEC has enabled many labs to easily migrate from their old manual intensive process to a full CAD/CAM workflow,” said Iain Mcleod, business unit director-audio at 3Shape. “The combined technologies offer a proven digital solution,
EnvisionTEC and 3Shape will now offer a tightly integrated turnkey system to audiology professionals that includes:
- 3Shape H600 3D Scanner for fast, reliable, and high accuracy 3D scanning of ear impressions.
- 3Shape software package for modeling up to 6000 files and managing 3D print jobs, including: EarMouldDesigner for modeling of BTE ear molds and soft silicone BTE ear molds; ShellDesigner for modeling of ITE type shells, with all components (transducer, receiver, volume control, battery, etc…) incorporated into the modeling process, and CAMBridge for efficient 3D print job management for clinics and small-to mid-sized manufacturers.
- A choice of two 3D printers: An EnvisionTEC Vida Hi-Res DSP, which offers a build envelope of 96 x 54 x 100 mm (3.78 x 2.13 x 3.94 in.) and XY resolution to 50 µm (0.002 in), or an EnvisionTEC Micro Plus Advantage, which offers a build envelope of 65 x 40 x 100 mm (2.36 x 1.77 x 3.94 in.) and XY resolution to 60 µm (0.0024 in.)
- An Otoflash curing unit, to post-cure 3D print jobs to the desired finish.
- Training on the 3Shape scanner, software, and 3D printer.
The technologies will be demonstrated in the booths for EnvisionTEC (#551) and 3Shape (#1329) during AudiologyNOW! 2017. Package pricing depends on the 3D printer model selected.
Source: EnvisionTEC, 3Shape