ReSound recently launched its new state-of-the-art LiNX hearing aids at a press event in Manhattan. The NYC event featured the Harlem Gospel Choir, a live demonstration of the new device, and a panel discussion with users and developers.
The LiNX is the first hearing aid capable of streaming high-quality stereo sound from an iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® without the need for an additional pendant-like device. Users can also customize their hearing experience through the ReSound Smart App™.
ReSound LiNX features:
- The latest and most advanced version of Surround Sound by ReSound™ – an integrated sound processing technology providing top-rated quality sound.
- Direct streaming of sound from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, allowing wearers to utilize their hearing aids to talk on the phone and listen to music in high-quality stereo sound without the need for an additional remote control, accessory or pendant.
- The accompanying ReSound Smart App, which allows users to set preferred volume levels as well as treble/bass settings, and use geo-tagging to assign and adjust to the acoustics of frequently visited places like home, work, favorite restaurants and more. ReSound Smart™ also features a “Find My Hearing Aid” function to help users pinpoint their hearing aids if misplaced.
- ReSound LiNX is the smallest wireless Receiver-in-the-Ear hearing aid brought to market by GN ReSound, yet powerful enough to address 90% of all hearing losses.
- GN ReSound’s unique 3rd generation 2.4 GHz wireless technology, based on the all new SmartRange™ chipset, is the foundation of this latest technological breakthrough.
- ReSound LiNX is the first hearing aid on the market to integrate SmartRange with Bluetooth® Smart technology.
“We saw an opportunity to create the world’s best hearing aid by combining the capability of GN ReSound’s life-changing technologies with the compatibility and global prevalence of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch,” shares Lars Viksmoen, GN ReSound CEO. “We are committed to improving peoples’ lives through [the] use of innovative technology and look forward to more people correcting their hearing with this new technology – a triumph in accessibility for the hearing impaired,” he adds.
This advance in hearing aid technology is also available as Beltone First™, the sister brand of ReSound. ReSound LiNX and Beltone First™ will be available through a global network of hearing care professionals.
ReSound LiNX recently earned a 2014 Consumer Electronics Show Design and Engineering Award honoree in the Accessible and Universal Design product category.