Phonak, Staefa, Switzerland, has announced the second generation of TargetMatch with corresponding software, Phonak Target 5.1. This enhanced functionality is said to demonstrate more accuracy and precision than traditional verification standards by matching targets within 3 dB of the calculated targets across the frequency range (a 5 dB margin of error/mismatch between the calculated target and response curves is considered in the “acceptable range of mismatch error” according to several professional organizations).
Benefits of TargetMatch reportedly include:
- Guided probe-tube placement, a unique solution to accurately and confidently position the probe tube to get the best outcome;
- Binaural REM measurements;
- Automatic and manual target matching;
- Compatible with Adaptive Phonak Digital and standard prescriptive fitting formulae;
- Compatible with Otometrics verification equipment and the Phonak Belong and Venture platforms, and
- Integrated 2cc coupler test box verification which addresses a wider range of clients (new with Target 5.1).
“We are excited to offer with TargetMatch an easy-to-use, fully integrated solution that outperforms traditional non-integrated REM fittings in terms of target matching and test, re-test reliability,“ said Solange Anderson, audiology manager, Fitting Software, at Phonak. “Hearing care professionals will be able to positively impact overall patient satisfaction and loyalty, reduce follow-up visits, and offer a better fitting experience for clients when using TargetMatch.”