The New Jersey Association of Hearing Health Professionals (NJAHHP) and the Pennsylvania Hearing Healthcare Association (PHHA) will be hosting a conference on tinnitus October 17-18 at the Enterprise Center at Burlington County College Mt. Laurel campus in Mt Laurel, NJ.
The “tinnitus therapy seminar” will provide continuing education credits, as well as best practice skills and product offerings to help attendees treat their tinnitus patients. Richard Tyler, PhD, author and nationally recognized authority on tinnitus therapy will be among the speakers.
Conference topics will include:
- Classification and background on tinnitus
- Medical evaluation and treatment for tinnitus
- Patient Centered Tinnitus Therapy
- When to refer and when to treat tinnitus
- Hearing aids for tinnitus
- Grand rounds with manufacture experts on tinnitus treatment product
- Patient case studies
- Sound therapy
- Future direction of tinnitus treatment
Organizers say the conference is expected to be approved for 1.1 CEU credits from ASHA and AAA and 11 CEU credits from IHS. New York State Continuing Education Credits will also be available upon request.