Washington: The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) is presenting a series of educational webinars once a month with guest speakers with expertise in the field of hearing loss and technology.
The next webinar, scheduled for October 20th, 7pm EDT, will be on the Role of Telecoils in Hearing Device Use, presented by Linda Kozma-Spytek, a research audiologist in the Technology Access Program of Gallaudet University for the last 12 years and researcher at other organizations.
The webinar is free. Participants need only register at this website.
This webinar is an overview of the role of the telecoil in hearing device use. Areas that will be discussed include:
- A description of telecoils
- How and why they are used in hearing devices
- Settings and products that are designed for telecoil use
- Ways in which telecoils can be used to interface a hearing device with audio products
- Technical and legal guidelines that relate to telecoil use
Linda Kozma-Spytek is a research audiologist and investigator for the several hearing organizations and an actively participates in standards development for hearing aid compatibility in digital wireless and cordless phones. She has published and presented extensively to consumer and professional groups and received awards from the Hearing Loss Association of America, Inc. and the Telecommunications Industry Association.