Audio-Digest Foundation has released Otolaryngology, Volume 46, Issue 06: Vestibular Disorders, an audio textbook designed to improve outcomes associated with treatment of vestibular disorders.
The audio program includes best practices for:
- Recognizing an underlying diagnosis of migraine in patients presenting with vertigo.
- Initiating prophylactic strategies for management of migraines by eliminating triggers and prescribing medications to elevate the threshold of onset.
- Identifying the signs and symptoms of, and perform diagnostic testing for, superior semicircular canal dehiscence (SSCD) and third mobile window syndromes.
- Choosing an appropriate surgical technique for repair of SSCD.
- Diagnosing and treating benign paroxysmal positional vertigo through particle repositioning maneuvers.
The program speakers include Michael Teixido, MD, who lectures about Migraine-Associated Vertigo;
Lawrence R. Lustig, MD, speaking about Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence; and Sumit Agrawal, MD, who covers Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.
More information is available from the publisher.