A free webinar from Supporting Success for Children with Hearing Loss is being offered on Tuesday, November 10, 2015, at 3:00 – 3:30 PM (CST) to cover Captioning at the Student’s Desk for Improved Access to Verbal Communication: Automated Real-time Speech-to-Text Translation. Register on the webinar page now to attend. Those attending the webinar will have an opportunity to get specific questions answered and will receive a follow-up email with a link to the slides and the recording of the webinar.
Supporting Success for Children encourages teachers, administrators, parents, and others to join the webinar to experience automated captioning and how reading the text of what the teacher is saying can strongly support student learning. Speech-to-text translation is a rapidly developing technology with increasingly better accuracy and more applications.
Interact-AS is a communication product for people who are Deaf, hard of hearing, and/or non-verbal. It is a software program that captions whatever is being said, be it a conversation with friends, a meeting with co-workers, a teacher in a classroom, or a radio broadcast.
This webinar will involve live demonstrations that cover:
- Interact-AS in action – captioning of communication in the classroom
- Different options for using microphones and set-up
- How to save the transcript and the synchronized audio recording for future reference
- Using Interact-AS to instantly translate conversations to and from foreign languages
- Hear about the new Interact Streamer that can be used at conferences and the video application coming soon
Source: Supporting Success for Children with Hearing Loss