Hearing care professionals and experts in hearing healthcare are encouraged to submit articles for review. Please read the following guidelines:
- Submit articles via e-mail as an MS-Word attachment (.doc).
- Articles should deal with topics of direct interest to hearing care professionals, with emphasis on product tips and practice-management solutions.
- Our features are generally 700 to 2,000 words and news items can be 100 to 500 words. Editorial for the print product is due on the first of the month before the issue date (for example, articles for the February issue are due January 1.) The Web site is updated daily, and our e-newsletter comes out weekly.
- With features and departments, please send a brief author’s biography (3 to 6 sentences) that includes your contact info (preferably e-mail), current job title, credential abbreviations, academic and board affiliations, and the city and state in which you work.
- Color photos, illustrations, graphs, etc, are welcome. Include full captions with all images. We like to print author photos, so please send a photo of yourself. Send color 300 dpi JPEG images. If photos are large, they can be sized down to increase resolution.
- Please use AMA style for any references you may include, and please be aware that for reasons of space, we include references only with online versions of our articles, so the references will not appear in the print magazine.
For a more detailed set of guidelines, including instructions about citations, etc, please contact Hearing Review Editor-in-chief Karl Strom at [email protected]