Phonak announced the introduction of the Marvel 2.0, described as “the next generation of Marvel technology developed to give hearing aid wearers even more hearing performance, more connectivity, and more choice.” With Marvel 2.0, Phonak is making RogerDirect available to all Marvel hearing aids while expanding Marvel technology to more form factors. The new portfolio includes the Phonak Audéo M-RT, said to be “the world’s only all-in-one hearing aid combining direct connectivity with iOS and Android, T-coil, and rechargeability,” according to Phonak. The Audéo M-RT is said to build upon Marvel’s features including clear sound, universal Bluetooth connectivity, lithium-ion rechargeability, binaural direct streaming, and integrated telecoil while adding RogerDirect.
More Hearing Performance
Since 2013, Roger technology is said to have served as “the standard that bridges the understanding gap in loud noise and over distance” by wirelessly transmitting a speaker’s voice directly to the listener. However, until now, hearing aid wearers had to plug an extra receiver and/or audio shoe into their hearing aids or use an intermediary streamer to receive the Roger signal. According to Phonak, Marvel hearing aids with RogerDirect help eliminate the need for extra components or accessories needed to receive the Roger signal, resulting in a device that’s reportedly up to 42% smaller. All current Audéo Marvel wearers can access the RogerDirect feature via a firmware upgrade available via their independent hearing care professional.
- 95% of hearing care professionals (HCPs) would recommend Marvel hearing aids to their peers;
- 92% stated the biggest advantage of Marvel is the combination of universal connectivity and rechargeability without compromising on sound quality,
- 90% of HCPs say Marvel hearing aids provide first-time wearers with exceptional sound quality from the first fit.
“When Phonak first launched Marvel technology in November 2018, hearing aid wearers around the world finally had access to the ultimate all-in-one hearing solution combining universal Bluetooth connectivity and lithium-ion rechargeability whilst delivering clear and rich sound from the get go. We called it: ‘love at first sound,’” said Martin Grieder, Global Vice President of Marketing for Sonova. “With the addition of RogerDirect, the Marvel portfolio builds on that success by empowering all Marvel hearing aids to tackle two of the most challenging issues hearing aid wearers still face: hearing in noise and over distance.”
In addition to RogerDirect, Marvel hearing aids are now capable of pairing two Bluetooth audio devices at the same time. This is especially useful for wearers who own two mobile phones, or for those who regularly stream from both a smartphone and any other Bluetooth device, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and more. With the optional TV Connector, Marvel wearers can also stream high-definition audio from their TVs directly to both hearing aids while keeping two Bluetooth slots open for their other devices.
Phonak Marvel technology has been expanded to provide more choice for both independent hearing care professionals and consumers. In addition to the Audéo Marvel family, the Marvel portfolio now includes:
- Phonak Bolero Marvel: The Bolero M is said to be “the world’s first BTE hearing aid that directly streams all audio content from iOS and Android devices.” It also features a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery engineered to last at least six years, giving wearers a full day of hearing including streaming on a single charge. Featuring AutoSense OS 3.0, Bolero Marvel helps makes hearing “effortless,” according to the company, by sensing the surroundings and automatically making the necessary adjustments in real-time.
- Phonak Sky Marvel: The Sky M product family introduces a combination of Phonak technology to give children “only the best for speech and language development as well as speech intelligibility and ease of use,” Phonak says. The Sky M lineup is available in a range of colors and sizes, and is designed to help children with mild, moderately severe, severe, and profound degrees of hearing loss. According to Phonak’s announcement, Sky M offers the first bespoke operating system designed for children, 24% better speech understanding in noise, maximum access to all speech sounds, and a rechargeable battery that’s said to last all day.
One Marvelous App
Phonak is also launching a comprehensive, updated myPhonak app that is designed to give wearers a more enhanced and personalized hearing experience. In addition to existing Remote Support and Hearing Diary functionality, the enhanced myPhonak app now features more advanced customization options including noise reduction, speech focus, and more. For ease of use, Phonak Marvel remote control as well as distant fitting is now integrated into the updated myPhonak app.
All Marvel technology is based on Phonak’s AutoSense OS 3.0 platform that was developed using artificial intelligence to help automatically learn, detect, and adapt to provide “the best hearing experience in any listening environment.” AutoSense OS is proven to deliver superior performance in complex listening situations, reduce listening effort in complex multi-talker listening situations, and provide a rich sound experience when streaming any audio content to both ears from any Bluetooth device.2
The Audéo Marvel-RT, Bolero Marvel and Sky Marvel will begin shipping in select countries on August 26. Additional information, visuals, and videos about Phonak Marvel technology are available at: www.phonak.com, www.phonakpro.com/marvel, and on YouTube here.
1. Phonak Market Survey #1241 “Marvel Post-Launch Research B2B,” survey conducted in Canada, Germany, USA. January 2019 (215 participants). Please contact [email protected]
2. Phonak. Schulte M, Vormann M, Heeren J, Latzel M, Appleton-Huber J. AutoSense OS—Superior speech intelligibility and less listening effort in complex listening situations. www.phonakpro.com/evidence. Accessed August 19, 2019.
Source: PhonakImages: Phonak